Still under construction, please be patient.

Still under construction, please be patient while I learn how to do this.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Well world, here goes.

I find myself at a crossroads in life.  The last three years have dealt me many changes.  The path I thought my life was going disappeared.  So it is time to reinvent myself.  I guess we all do that several times in our lives.  When we move from high school to college or out into the work force, we become a new person.  When we commit to a relationship, we find a different person inside ourselves.  If we change our career path, a new self emerges.  If children come into our lives, that causes us to think differently of ourselves. 

How do you define yourself?  Do you describe yourself as the job you do?  Do you think of yourself by your martial status - check the appropriate box is what the form usually says.  Does your religion or beliefs define you?  If you had to write a short bio of yourself, what would you include?  Where you grew up; who your parents were; what job you do; or what organizations you belong to?  Think about it - how do you define yourself?  Is it your physical characteristics that first come to your mind - tall or short, fat or skinny, straight or curly hair.  Now how would you like to describe yourself?  What do you want other people to say about you if they were describing you?

Being at this crossroads in life, I have golden opportunity to redefine myself into someone I want to be.  I have always liked working with my hands and creating things.  My lament has been 'if only I could make a living at this instead of having to work in an office'.  So as crazy as it may sound in this economy, I am going to take the leap into the creative world and make it my new job. 

So I invite you to take this journey with me as I reinvent myself and find a new path for my life.  Ride shotgun with me as I travel down this new road to a creative outlet that hopefully will produce some income.  I hope that besides income, I will also find personal satisfaction and accomplishment in the work that I do.  

1 comment:

  1. i'm so excited to see you grow into this new phase of life!

    ReplyDelete